Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm in love. . .


I'm back from getting acquainted with Grayson Max Anker, my new (and only) great grandson. It is easy to understand why his grandmother (that's my daughter Andrea) is totally besotted with this adorable little guy who is already very much his own person. Not surprizingly, I'm pretty crazy about him myself.

When you are just 5 1/2 weeks old, everything you do is a "first". . .first visit to Home Depot to buy a new kitchen fixture. . first dinner out at a restaurant (TGI Friday's)with Mom, Dad, Grandma and Great Grandma. Grayson was so impressed with this significant event he slept through the entire meal.

To be honest, I've forgotten what it's like to hold an infant in my arms. My last experience was 32 years ago with Grayson's daddy. I know one thing. If some entrepreneur could figure out a way to bottle the delicious scent of a baby, they could make a fortune.

I am mind boggled at how easy and casual both Amy and Adam are in handling the baby. I can assure you that in my day husbands didn't change diapers, make formula and casually burp their little ones while simultaneously checking their iphone for text messages and keeping track of a baseball game on the TV. At least my husband of the moment didn't and I'm pretty sure none of my friends' mates did either. It's a different,and more equal,world these days. And I think it's great.

I took a few thousands photos of Grayson during the four days I was getting to know him. He is major adorable and you are right, I am totally biased. That's my job. And I can tell already, I'm going to do it well.

Take a look at the accompanying photo of three generations of Spector/Ankers. The one in the middle is Grayson.
# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment