Friday, October 28, 2011

Never too old to celebrate. . . .


I'm a little long in the tooth to go Trick or Treating, but I simply can't resist using Halloween as an excuse for posting this adorable photo. The kid in the pumpkin, in case you don't recognize him, is my great grandson, Grayson Max Anker.

I remember the excitement of Halloween when I was a kid back in Mount Vernon, NY. In those days our parents didn't demand wrapped candies or worry about us traveling in packs around our neighborhood. When Andrea was a little girl, it was still safe to go with her friends around the islands we lived on. Just over the bridge from our house lived the singer Anita O'Brian, the one who was such a religious fanatic and rabid homophobe. In addition to those lovable characteristics, the kids all knew that hers was the only house in the neighborhood who wouldn't answer the doorbell to trick or treaters. For that alone, we all hated her.

These days I live in a condo and kids are in short supply, but I'm ready, just in case some show up. I have a giant size jar of my favorite "Jelly Bellies" in all the best colors and flavors, purchased for me by Benard at Costco. (I know. . some girls get diamonds. .but I am addicted to these babies.)

Not to worry if the doorbell doesn't ring. I'll manage to eat a few, all on my own.
In the meantime. . .HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment