Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reality TV at its worst. . . .


I've decided that Kris Humphries got lucky when Kim Kardashian dumped him after 72 days of married life.

I make this wise judgement after watching "Kim & Kourtney Kardashiam Take New York" on TV for the first. . .and I assure you. . .the last time, last night. I got bored with every other channel's in-depth dissection of the upcoming Iowa Caucuses and started channel surfing, stopping to linger on Bravo and this gawd-awful display of narcisistic family life that doubles as a hit show. Talk about boring. . . .the most exciting thing they do is shop.

In the episode I watched, Kourtney's live-in boyfriend,Scott, a total jerk by anyone's standard,buys an expensive grand piano for the apartment because he thinks it will look really spiffy there. That's despite the fact that neither he nor she knows how to play. When she demands he learn or return the piano,he,with great difficulty and the help of an expensive music teacher, masters one stanza of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", using his two index fingers. Everyone claps wildly.

They lose me at this point when Kourtney agrees to reward Scott for this inspiring achievement of musical creativity with "dirty sex" on top of the piano. Ugh.

I'll take the Animal Planet over the Kardashians any day of the week, but apparently not everyone agrees with me. Chalk it up to generation gap-itis. Or maybe just a short attention span.

Gee,I hope they washed off the piano afterwards. Mr. Steinway must be turning over in his grave.
# # #

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Newt Gingrich's love life would make a better show.

    ReplyDelete