Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm feeling "quotable". . .


In my 50 year career as a pr person, I've written literally hundreds of press releases filled with "quotes" attributed to clients that were strictly made up by me. But I don't remember ever quoting myself.

That's what made the arrival of an e-mail yesterday such an unexpected treat. It started out this way:

Hi Joan! My name is Jake, and I'm contacting you on behalf of Fancy Feast.

We are very excited to announce the newest Elegant Medleys entree inspired by your "Purrrfect Sushi" recipe! Below, I've attached a press release that we plan to use to announce the new product. Within the release, there are a few quotes on your behalf. We'd like to have your approval to use these quotes before issuing the release. At your earliest convenience, can you please confirm that we are allowed to use the quotes?


Also, we'd like to send you a few samples of the new entree for Ginger and Wasabi to enjoy. Should I have them shipped to following address?

My response was Yes! Yes! and Yes! In fact, I e-mailed this Jake person back that I couldn't have written the quotes better if I had written them myself. Will the riches from this crazy win never cease???

On the basis that I might be on a roll, luckwise, I ran out and bought a lottery ticket. The jackpot is up to a nice round $40 million, but I'll bite the bullet and settle for a lump sum settlement of quite a bit less.

According to the Herald this morning, I didn't have even one matching number. Apparently, cat food isn't catching.
# # #
Photo caption: Fancy Feast: The gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment