Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This way to the Convention. . .


I always knew my kid had all the answers.

That's daughter Andrea, at the DNC Convention in Charlotte. Can't wait to hear the questions she was asked and the answers she gave. My experience working the info booth at Fairchild Garden for various events taught me that the most popular question is always "Which way to the Ladies Room". Hopefully, hers will be more broad-based and that's not a pun.

Charlotte, according to Andrea, is in total convention mode for the next few days, so she is taking the time to volunteer. Should be an interesting experience. While I doubt they will have their "Clint Eastwood moment", you never can tell. According to humor columnist Dave Barry in this morning's Miami Herald, he's putting his money on Joe Biden's speech to do the trick. (I did like Obama's comment that "this chair is taken".)

Conventions, for the most part, are scripted and boring events these days. Unless, I guess, that you're there and invited to all the fancy parties. The results of this election are not so scripted and far more important for my future, Andrea's future and the future of my grandson,and his family. I'm both a woman and a senior, so it's not hard to know which way I lean.

Whichever way you lean, please be sure to vote. That's my message for today. It's an important one.
# # #



No comments:

Post a Comment