Friday, June 6, 2014

Dr. Ruth and sex after 80. . .

My friend Ellen asked me if I'd like to join her today at the uber luxurious new Palace, in Coral Gables, to have lunch and hear a talk by the sexologist, Dr. Ruth.  I haven't heard that name in years.  "My God," I said.  "Is  she still alive?  She must be 102!"

Dr. Ruth is very much alive, and as lively and funny as ever.  And by the way, she's only 87.

The Palace is Miami's new hot place to live for wealthy seniors who want the services of fine food three meals a day, all kinds of entertainment, classes, spa services, you name it.  It is in the center of Coral Gables "Miracle Mile" area, accessible to everything and very elegant.  Ellen had an invitation for two and asked me to join her. It was a blast.

Dr. Ruth pulls no punches when it come to sex and seniors.  She's a  believer. 
 
"Got a partner and one of you has lost interest?  Let's make a deal!  I'll do this for you if you'll do that!"

"Don't have a partner?  Invest in a good vibrator."

I haven't laughed so much in a long time.  Although the audience was 90% women, there were a number of men in attendance which made it all the more interesting when we got to the questions at the end of her talk. What really cracked everyone up was when she prefaced the question period with, "If it makes you more comfortable, you can say your question is for "a friend".

Dr. Ruth is truly a piece of work and the morning was an absolute delight, followed by a fabulous buffet lunch.  The Palace is not my cup of tea at the moment, I'll stick with Grove Isle, but they definitely know how to entertain.  If you get a chance to hear Dr. Ruth, I highly recommend her.

Thanks, Ellen.  It was a really fun morning.
#   #   #
Photo caption:  Dr. Ruth the way you may remember her, and Dr. Ruth today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment