Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I have a new painting genre. . . .

My beautiful little great-grandson Grayson is a great fan of a kid's animated TV series called Dinosaur Train.  He has watched it a few thousand times according to his Mom and Dad and even I have watched it a few times whenever I've visited the family in Jacksonville.

I preface this information because Amy, Grayson's Mommy, recently decided to re-decorate his bedroom in a dinosaur theme.  To start it off, she painted a triptych of the bright green dinosaur train and asked me to paint three of the show's characters to serve as framed pictures on the walls.  I was honored at the commission and went right to work.

I recognized "The Conductor" from watching the show.  He is actually a Troodon, according to Google.  I needed Google to acquaint me with my other two subjects, "Tank", a bright blue Triceratop, and "King", a pink and blue Cryolophosaurus.  (Of course you knew that. I knew you would.)

The completed paintings arrived in Jacksonville at the Anker home on Monday, and leave it to Amy, the room is now complete and looking fabulous.  Grayson has made it pretty clear that "King", the pink dino, is his absolute new favorite.  Please check out the photo Amy texted me of  G. studying his new buddy close up.

I've blogged about my animal paintings before, but dinosaurs are something new for me.  Amy says both she and Grayson approve of my finished product.  They can both be tough taskmasters, so if they say they are ok, I guess I can add dinosaurs to my artistic genre.

Grayson watching his favorite show.
Amy's excellent painting of the Dinosaur Train
 #   #

"The Conductor"
"Tank"
"King"



Grayson communing with King.

No comments:

Post a Comment