Monday, August 3, 2015

Something to think about. . .

The Today Show this morning talked about the fact that there are really three types of people. . introverts, extroverts and ambiverts.  I never heard the word so I looked it up on Google, and sure enough it's "Someone who exhibits qualities of both introversion and extroversion."  Who knew???

On second thought, I realized I qualify for that category. . .in business I was always an extrovert, able to carry on conversations and be comfortable in all sorts of situations.  In my personal life I tend to be less friendly, less extroverted.  I'm not one to strike up a conversation with complete strangers and I'm notoriously a poor chatter on the telephone. My daughter Andrea complains that I always sound like I'm ready to say good by, two seconds after I say hello.  I always marvel at my friend Sandy whom I say can "talk to the wall" if no one else is around. 

One of the signs of an introvert, according to the Today Show, is a person who enjoys being alone. I confess. I am very happy to spend time by myself in my home, although in my mind I'm actually never really alone with my two cats, Wasabi and Ginger, close by. Give me a good book, a handful of fruit flavored jelly bellies, and today's Miami Herald crossword puzzle, and I'm a happy camper.  That's definitely my introverted side.

Funny, I never really thought about it before.  Should I make an effort to be more friendly?  I'll have to sleep on that.
#   #   #

My two best friends????






No comments:

Post a Comment