Monday, October 12, 2015

I'm rethinking my love of art. . . .

I seem to have acquired an expensive new "object d'art" for my home.  I have no idea when I purchased it, or who decided the shelf on which it would be displayed. (Not my decision, I can assure you.)   It just showed up the other morning, and something told me. .. better still, warned me. . .not to mess with the placement.

Yeah, it's Ginger.  My girl cat, aka the "Terror of The Western World".  And that's the shelf area on the wall in back of my sit-down bar, where I usually display some of my most treasured art objects, none of which are known to breathe, purr, or move stealthily around on four legs.

The shelf of choice on this particular morning is shared with a very breakable raku sculpture of an Indian squaw purchased in Aspen, and an elegant silver framed photo of my immediate family (Andrea, Adam, Amy and me), taken on my 80th birthday.  At the moment, it is totally obscured by a ball of fur.  On the shelf below are more breakable objects, plus a metal sculpture titled "Lion In Wait", that is either imitating Ginger, or Ginger's trying to upstage it.  I think she's winning. 

Any one in the market for a 7 lb. kitty who is capable of breaking everything in sight?  If she comes down off the shelf without doing too much damage, she's all yours!
#   #   #

1 comment:

  1. Joan, enjoy your birthday! Here are 3 terrific songs for you:

    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip3EmT0seVw
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Amwq43-lrM
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dePMU8R131s

    Nancy Haynes
    Charlotte NC

    ReplyDelete