Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Yappy Hour. . .I'll drink to that!

I attended Yappy Hour last night.  It was billed as "An Event for people and dogs to benefit Miami Lighthouse" and it was not only very successful, but definitely a hoot.  Held in the outdoor patio of a Midtown restaurant called Apeiro Kitchen & Bar, it was attended by about 75 humans and some 40 dogs.  Frankly, I lost count after the second glass of Pinot Grigio.

I loved the fact that both the bar and all the tables had a bowl of inviting looking little crackers on them.  If you weren't careful, you might not realize they were treats for the dogs, not for the two legged guests.  I'm sure more than a few were bit into, if not consumed, before reality set in. 

Everyone with a dog received a tote bag full of goodies, once again for the dogs, not the owners, and believe me, the dogs were having a ball.  My friend Sheila, attending with her malti-poo Henry, won the prize for "Best Dressed Look-Alikes" in their matching outfits.  Henry loves a good party.  We call him a "bar hound" around the Grove Isle clubhouse.


Congrats to the Miami Lighthouse, and marketing director Cam Sisser, whose idea it was for this terrific event.  I don't know who had more fun.  The dogs or their owners.
Sheila & Henry, front and back!
#   #   #













No comments:

Post a Comment