Monday, March 5, 2018

Gone to the dogs, and loving it!

.
Is there anyone who knows me well that doesn't know my favorite TV show is Pitbulls and Parolees?  Well today, I got to live my addiction in spades.

The phone call came on Saturday from Cassie Peterson, Animal Care Manager at the Charlotte Humane Society.  "We are going to celebrate St. Pitties Day on Facebook on March 17th," she announced.  "All adoption fees will be waived for the event.  We need you and Maria to help us on Monday when you come to do the cats." 

St. Pitties, I quickly discovered, was short for Pitbulls, and I was to do the descriptions of the dogs and Maria Goto was to take the photos.  I am now on intimate terms with 20.. .I said 20. . of the most incredibly handsome and totally delicious pitbull mixes you have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  I have to write the lady in charge of the shelter on the TV show that she is absolutely right, this is the most misunderstood dog breed.  Every single one of the 20 we worked with this afternoon couldn't have been sweeter or more loving.  Never got so many kisses in my life.

Cassie bought bags full of St. Patrick's Day party stuff to dress the dogs, a challenging business to say the least when you try putting a hat and sunglasses on a very active, extremely happy to be out of his or her cage, dog.  Thanks to staff members Amber, Leona and Dyshan, we managed it, one dog at a time, working for some 2 1/2 hours to record each and every one.  If it helps to get some of them  adopted, it will all be very worth while.

Below are a few of my photos, not Maria's.  It was an exhausting but truly incredible day.


Maria hard at work.

This is Sugar Baby.
Say hello to Sparky.
Couldn't have done it without the wonderful
staff.
Cassie giving instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed yourself and so glad you could witness the true demeanor and personality of so many pit bulls. Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, thank you for all that you do to help aniamls and especially for your work with the animals here at HSC. Your efforts are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete