Sunday, April 22, 2018

Meet me at the Pet Palooza Festival

It was Bark in the Park time on Saturday, as I made my way to Independence Park in Charlotte's Uptown area for the Humane Society's annual Walk for Animals.  The event included a 2k pet walk, but since I'm a cat volunteer person, my job was to help volunteer photographer Maria Goto with her photo assignment.

What an incredible day!  Never saw so many huge dogs, medium size dogs, and tiny little dogs, in my life.  And so well behaved!  Many were dressed in costumes for the prize portion of the event which even included a Doga (that's yoga for people and dogs) layout.  All proceeds from the walk and festival will benefit the Humane Society, and over $100,000 was collected throughout the day.

Herewith, some of my very unprofessional photos. . .
Meet Micro & Chip.  I'm the guy in the middle.

Home made dog cookies???

Doga  - Yoga for people & their dogs.

Gorgeous huge dogs
Adopt me, please!!!

Adorable little dogs

Resting up after a very busy day.

 

The Pet Palooza Walk gets underway.

1 comment: