Saturday, May 1, 2010

I need your thoughts. . . .

I was listening to Public Radio the other day and there was a woman being interviewed who has written a book called "The Six Word Memoir". It's a collection of thoughts by famous and not so famous writers. Here's what Google says a Six Word Memoir is:

A six word memoir is a statement that tells a story about who you are and how you live your life. . .it expresses your identity, personality, emotions, personal interests, wisdom, beliefs, professions and experiences. It can be anything you want to say. . .but you must say it in only six words.

Hmm, I thought. How would I describe myself, and in six words, yet. Makes you really stop and think. OK, here's what I came up with for myself. I'm not sure it's important if you recognize me. . .but here we go. . . .

Adventurous lady. Don't believe I'm eighty.


Great life. Many loves. No regrets.


Mother's writing gene. Shaped my life.


Run, Joan, run. Time's running out.

While I was coming up with my own list, I asked a few of the people closest to me to send me their six words. I loved my nephew Bobby's response that Julius Cesear said it best. .

"I came. I saw. I conquered."

Do you think Julius knew he was uttering a six word memoir????


It's an interesting exercise and it does take some thought, but I've decided to ask all of you who read my blog to take a few moments and send me your six words. There's no cash prize for the best memoir, and I won't even print them if you don't want me to, but I would love to hear what you have to say about yourselves. ( And besides, I'm curious to see which one's of you respond. . I'm taking bets with myself on this one!)


I'll close with my sister's rather profound six words: I think, therefore I am, Fran.


Start thinking, guys. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!!!

# # #

1 comment:

  1. learn,listen,love,create and enjoy...................louis

    ReplyDelete