Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Internet - 1, Joan - 0


There is nothing so humbling as a computer that refuses to do what you instruct it to do.

I guess I am a victim of th generation gap, even if I try not to be. My experience this week with trying to rid myself of AOL and changing over to gmail.com has revealed a definite gap. . call it an abyss. . in my technological rapport. My grandson would be ashamed of me, but yesterday I cried "Uncle" and begged Jose, my tech guy, to give me back my old Desktop and my old accounts.

My moment of truth came when I realized that the changeover had lost my address books, or at the least, I could no longer locate them. That included my "blog friends" list . . .that's all you guys. . .and my business list that I needed to support my website. That made me more than a little frantic since I was in the middle of writing a website for a new client.

In trying to get back my address books, I managed to somehow erase the tool bar on my Explorer website so that I could no long interact with my Morgan Stanley portfolio or my Bank of America account, making it impossible for me to pay my bills on line.

In retrospect, the message I left on Jose's phone was pretty pathetic. Basically, I begged him to put me back in my comfort zone. Obviously, he answered my call, because here I am.

I know. I know. Having AOL dates me. So be it. Call me dated. I'm a happy camper once again and I don't think I'll be making any changes in the near future, so no nasty comments please.

Have some respect for my advanced age! (OMG! Did I just say that???)
# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment