Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 19th is fast approaching. . . .

I have a birthday coming next week.  It's what some would call a big one, but I've decided to down-size it.  When you are my age, you are allowed to do that. 

I'd rather count my blessings.  Not sure from what side of the family my older sister and I got our genes, and I'm not sure either of us have done a very good job of passing them along to the next generation, but we are definitely the lucky ones with remarkable health and agility despite our age.

In the meantime, I've decided to re-do my bucket list.  My desire to visit the polar bears in Antarctica is still near the top, but so far not a soul has offered to go with me and it seems like a kind of cold trip to do on my own.  I still want to climb Machu Pichu while I can make it without help, and I've added Rio on my list and a visit with my friend Axel who lives there.

Most exciting this past year has been a remarkable up-tick in my free lance writing business. . . the paid kind, not just the pro bono stuff!  (I always did love a good pay check!)  I've seen my writing published in newspapers and magazines many time over the years in my role as a public relations person, but rarely with my name attached.  Have to admit I was excited to find myself recently on the masthead of a very fancy upscale magazine called the South Florida Luxury Guide as a "Contributing Writer of Home & Design".  Wow!  I'm still here, folks!

The best part of the upcoming birthday celebration will be the arrival of my family. . .daughter Andrea, grandson Adam and his wife Amy, and my delicious great-grandson Grayson.

Speaking of my bucket list, check off one more wish.  I always wanted to ride the carousel with my great-grandson. It happened at the Zoo in Jacksonville recently. That's Grayson on the tiger and Great-grandma Jo riding the leopard next to him.  And I actually hopped up there without a drop of help from anyone!
#   #   #







No comments:

Post a Comment