Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You are not going to believe this. . . .



Remember back in May when I blogged about entering Fancy Feast's "Tastemakers' Contest" with a "recipe" for a new cat food called "Purrrfect Sushi"? I also had to write my "inspiration story" about how my cats love Fancy Feast. I asked you to vote for us and many of you did. I can't thank you enough.

At the time I entered I did it on a lark, hoping to win a can or two of free cat food at the very most. I didn't even notice that the Grand Prize Winner would receive $10,000 and a trip to New York. Recipes and Joan in the same sentence? Not something you hear very often.

OK, GUYS. . WHAT CAN I TELL YOU. I WON. I ACTUALLY WON THE WHOLE DAMNED THING. $10,000. 1080 cans of cat food. And in May of 2012, my "recipe" for PURRRFECT SUSHI will be on the shelves of your local food market!!! Is this not unbelievable???? Benard can't stop laughing.

I am off to NYC on the 29th to stay at The Strand Hotel, all compliments of Fancy Feast, and spend the 30th videoing "webisodes" with Celebrity Chef Carla Hall. OK, I didn't know what a "webisode" was either, but I'm learning, and Andrea filled me in on Carla Hall, a winning contestant on "Top Chef" and famous in her own right. Don't tell the Fancy Feast people, but I don't watch many cooking shows.

I promise you a blog on my return from my 15 minutes of celebrity fame. It's gotta be a hoot and I can't wait.

By the way, they asked me if Wasabi and Ginger oould possibly make the trip as well. The very thought sent Wasabi into the closet to hide. Ginger is trying to decide what to wear.
# # #
Photo caption: The Winners! Me and the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment