Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bright lights and video cameras. . .


I'm back from New York City and my 15 minutes of celebrity fame! Hurricane Irene tried to interfere, but by Monday morning American Airlines gave the all-clear signal and off I went, First Class, I'll have you know. With a limo waiting for me at LaGuardia to take me to my hotel. So this is how the stars live.

What an incredible, slightly unbelievable and definitely lucrative experience this whole Fancy Feast "Grand Prize Win" has been. (The $10,000 check arrived last week and promptly went into the bank after first photographing it for posterity.)

After checking into our super chic boutique hotel on Monday afternoon, Purina's terrific pr girl, Julie, took me and my suitcase over to the film studio so that a covey of female executives, and one male creative director, could survey the four different outfits I had brought for their approval. I was getting ready to offer to run to the nearest department store and buy something new when they unanimously selected the coral-colored sweater set and beige trousers you see in the accompanying photo. Phew! That was a relief.

Tuesday was "shoot day" and at 8am I got to meet Celebrity Chef Carla Hall, the wonder woman who selected our "Purrfect Sushi" recipe for the big win. I brought her Ginger & Wasabi's deepest thanks via videos on my cell phone.

Carla is sensational, all six feet of her! She has her own TV show, "The Chew", debuting later this month on ABC. The director took one look at us standing next to each other and decided it would be best to shoot us sitting down. A wise choice although they ended up having to put a board under my part of the couch and stacking pillows behind me to keep all 4' 11" of me on a reasonable level with statuesque Carla.

We'll see the finished webisode on Fancy Feast's website and on their Facebook page some time in September after all the editing is completed. I think I did good, guys. I know that Carla was great fun to work with and the whole crew, from the Purina execs to the makeup woman who curled my eyelashes,treated me as if I was someone very special. Not a bad feeling. . and I owe it all to my cats!

Fancy Feast's version of my "Purrrfect Sushi" recipe will be on food market shelves around the country in May of 2012. All my cat owner friends out there, I expect you to buy a can or two. I'm planning to frame the first one I buy.
# # #
Phoro caption: Celebrity Chef Carla Hall and your friendly blogger, on the set of the Fancy Feast webisode shoot in New York City. OMG! What a fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment