Monday, March 31, 2014

Bad way to start the day. . . .

I'm feeling slightly passe this morning.  The Today Show was on the TV and there was lots of excitement about an upcoming musical guest that in all truth I've never paid much attention to.  Rap is not my thing, as I've mentioned in the past.

My head jerked up when I heard "Mr. 305" and they introduced Pitbull to lots of screaming and excited yelling.  OMG!  He looks familiar, and I don't mean from TV.  305 is my area code and I remembered vaguely that Pitbull comes from Miami and was brought up in the Hialeah area.

What I didn't realize is that the very well dressed, bald young man I've seen several times in the bar at the Club here in Grove Isle where I live, is very, very famous.  My friend Sheila always says hello to him and he always responds in a most friendly manner. Who knew he's got the #1 song on the charts, I think it's called "Timber", pronounced "Timbah", and he sang it this morning while lots of very sexy girls wearing tank tops that I swear read "I'm Going Down" shimmied around him.  Even the Today Show female anchors were going crazy! 

No, I am not stuck in the Sinatra era, musicwise, but I have to admit Pitbull and his rapper like have passed me by.  I did stop and watch him perform and he is good.  What amazed me was that every young woman in the audience, and there were crowds of them on the outdoor plaza, knew every word of the song.  I guess we used to know every word that our favorite singers sang, but this was the first time I ever heard these lyrics, that's for sure.

I think I'll pay more attention the next time I see Mr. 305 in the bar.  Or maybe I'll just watch CNN in the morning from now on, so I don't have to start my day on such an age-revealing note.
#   #   #



No comments:

Post a Comment