Sunday, March 23, 2014

Oh what a beautiful morning. . . .

Like the lyric from the long ago song from the show "Oklahoma" : "Oh what a  beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day".  I found myself humming that as I walked around our island this morning.  The waters of Biscayne Bay were like glass and the sun was just starting to break through the clouds.

To make it even more perfect, my favorite bird, the blue-black anhinga, was drying his wings on one of the poles that mark the deep water passageway out of Grove Isle.  I had to whip out my iphone and take his picture with the Key Biscayne bridge and the towers of downtown Miami shimmering in the background.

Usually I do my morning walk with two friends and we are so busy talking that we don't take time to really drink in the natural beauty of our surroundings.  This morning I was walking alone, with even my earphones left home.   Sometimes it's not a bad idea to take time out and simply enjoy the beauty of the morning.   This special place called Miami where we live.

It was so calm and peaceful that I decided I wanted to share it with all of you.  What a lovely way to start the day.
#   #   #





No comments:

Post a Comment